Tuesday, March 13, 2018

I'M SAD TO HEAR ABOUT SINGLETON

Photo: Baltimore Sun
I have always been a fan of Kenny Singleton and I love him in the YES broadcast booth.  In fact, this is the equivalent to when Jim Kaat left the YES booth for me. I loved him too.  These are guys that have a full grasp of the game, are really in tune with our New York Yankees and they have always made me feel that as a fan, I can relate to them.  They make me feel like I'm their friend or something. Tough to explain, but I have a comfort when I hear their voices.  Now it turns out that Kenny is leaving.  Kenny tweeted this:

And I will share the Baltimore Sun for this one...

Photo: New York Daily News
"Ken Singleton, who has been an analyst and play-by-play announcer on Yankees telecasts for MSG and the YES Network since 1997, announced Monday on Twitter that 2018 will be his final year in the booth....

'I'm finding this hard to accept,' Kay tweeted Monday about Singleton's pending retirement. 'I've known about it for awhile but I've been trying to change his mind. I'm not giving up in my quest. Twitterverse, please tell Kenny he should not step away following season. Too much more to give!'"

Gotta love Kay there.  I agree.  I'd hate to see Ken Singleton go.  I mean, who else will tell really fun stories about he and Paul Blair?

Anyway... in case you missed it, I just wanted to pass it along.  Let's enjoy this last season with Singleton.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017