Wednesday, August 31, 2016

THE SQUEAKER THAT SHOULDN'T HAVE BEEN


The Yankees should have never been in that close of a situation last night almost blowing that game. But it's the Royals and they are relentless. It was a tough game, but in the end, Jacoby Ellsbury was the star and Dellin got the win.

I'm not getting into an in-depth recap, but it was a long, long game due to the rain delay.  Thank God for Bob Lorenz and Jack Curry, because they make delays wonderful. I had to express my gratitude last night:
Jack Curry liked it... what a stand up guy!

Here are a few highlights last night:


The Yankees were up 4-1 by the bottom of the 2nd. But the Royals kept chipping away until it was tied in the bottom of the 8th.  By the 9th, it was still tied.  Then, in the 10th, Jacoby Ellsbury knocked in the winning run.  Chasen Shreve got the Save, and like I said, Dellin Betances got the Win.

Ellsbury was 4-6 with 2 RBIs.


Aaron Judge, while slowing down, cranked out a 2 run home run. The kid will be fine, I have no doubt.

Masahiro Tanaka went 5 innings, gave up just 4 hits and 2 runs. He struck out 4 and gave up a home run.

In the end, it was a squeaker, but it didn't have to be.  That being said, I'm proud of my Yankees last night.  They stayed in it knowing good and well they had to win that game.  Here's the downside; my 14 year old who should be going to bed earlier these days as school is about to happen, was up way too late.  Mainly because he's obsessed with baseball lately and loves when the Yankees play the Royals.

I drank a few too many homemade Margharitas... that's on me.
But it makes us being tired today better when the New York Yankees win.  Good work boys...good times.

Final: Yankees 5 - 4

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017