Friday, February 27, 2015

BABE RUTH & LOU GEHRIG SPEAK!

This is very cool. It's a recording of Babe Ruth and Lou Gehrig, audio only, doing alittle comedy.


It's funny, I've talked to kids in my own town right around baseball season each year about guys like Lou Gehrig and Babe Ruth. Some of the kids are as old as 11, and when I mention Babe Ruth, they'll say stuff, like "Wait... was he real?"  With Lou, many are more unfamiliar with him, only that he died from a disease.


These Yankees were truly larger than life in their time, and for as long as I can remember, great card companies like Topps continue to bring Babe and Lou's history and legacy to kids and adults everywhere. 

The problem with kids of today, compared to say, kids like me in the 70's and 80's... is that kids don't collect cards like they used to.  I mean, Topps does it's best to keep people informed of the all time greats, but it's a different time, filled with multiple spring sports and video games these days.  I guess what I'm trying to say is, it's a much different world, and sometimes the greats are forgotten. And that brings me back to this comedy routine. Rare finds like this are terrific. 


We've heard Babe speak in old tapes, but I don't remember every really hearing Lou Gehrig other than his final speech to Yankee Stadium.  That was sad... this is comedy.


Anyway, if you have 5 minutes, check this out.  And share it... keep the history of the Babe and Lou Gehrig going. 

You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in history. Now shop at the Bleeding Yankee Blue store!  Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and LIKE Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook!  Also, don't forget to check out the BYB Hub!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017