Sunday, June 30, 2013

THE BRONX BUMMERS


That title comes from our BYB friend Holly who reads us and comments and interacts with Bleeding Yankee Blue alot.  She put that up on Twitter today and guess what... she's right.
I'm at a loss for words right now. My Yankees suck the life out of me.  I'd love to report a tough battle that we grinded out tonight,  but I can't.  There were 3 runs tonight by the Yankees... 11 by the Orioles.  I'd rather lose to the Royals by that score than to a division rival.  That's no way to go down... yet we did.

David Phelps went 2.1 innings tonight.  Apparently he was impersonating Phil Hughes. He gave up 9 hits on 9 runs and sure, tip your cap to Orioles hitting, but don't get comfortable.  Don't look now, but we have a serious problems with our pitching.  What are we going to do about it? Maybe coast to the All-Star break and pray they get rest? This is serious and it needs to be addressed, fast.


Tonight Zoilo Almonte sacrificed Jayson Nix home, that was our first run.  Later, Lyle Overbay reached on a fielding error and he and Robinson Cano both scored in that play. But Ladies and Gentlemen... that was it.

Look, when the Yankees are down, they are really down, but it's more than that.  We have finally been exposed for the team we are; amateurs... beat up, old and tired. 

I don't give up on my Yankees, but let's face reality, there are serious holes to fill and there doesn't look like any type of relief is on the way.  We have issues my friends.

Final: Orioles 11 - Yankees 3.

Get Jorge Posada on the phone... right now.

 Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017