Friday, March 30, 2012

PEOPLE ARE ASKING, "WHY IS CASEY GROUCHY?"

First off, I’m sorry. Many of you are mocking me, saying I’ve been a grouch the past week. I guess the Joba Chamberlain news aggravated me a bit, but I apologize if I was harsh. I’m a fan that wants everything to always be perfect, I guess I was annoyed. I just want to see Joba succeed. Plus, I am tired of hearing about Michael Pineda and his velocity. I realized that I’ve jumped on that same bandwagon too much as well, so maybe that was bothering me. Sorry, I’ll lay off.

It’s true that Bleeding Yankee Blue was meant to be a rant site, an outlet for me to get things off my chest and that all started with Sergio Mitre back on September 14, 2010 (WHY LAST NIGHT WAS IMPORTANT.) It’s amazing that Mitre was the guy to get me fired up enough to put this whole site together, but he did. Overall, I just wanted to meet other Yankee fans who bleed blue as much as me. I have found them and I cannot be happier.

But yes, my grouchiness is clear in my work lately and so, I’ll be sure to tone is down a bit. I’m actually quite a happy guy, maybe sleep deprived, but for the most part, life is good, the families good and all of you guys reading and commenting is great, thank you.

I guess I see that Yankee baseball is about to start officially. Yankee baseball is always the best. I love any baseball, but there is something very special about our Yankees, and Yankees Opening day at Yankee Stadium, or seeing your kid eating an ice cream in the nose bleeds at the park. Me, I’m a huge fan of the pulled pork sandwich with Carolina sauce and a nice brew. We’ve also written about the Turkey legs here (Read QUEST FOR TURKEY LEGS!) and sometimes you can find them at the stadium, but sometimes you can’t. It doesn’t matter, Yankee stadium is the greatest place on earth and I love the baseball season.

If you live on the East coast, you know we had a pretty mild winter, Spring baseball just kind of happened. In the past, during those horrendous winters with snow all over the place, it was torture to get to the point of pitchers & catchers. This year, it just popped up, a much smoother transition for me. It’s funny, I’ve lived on the East coast almost my entire life, I hate the weather. My wife and I joke about how we’ll probably move to Florida when the kids are grown, but we won’t, because we’ve been saying we were going to move to Florida in our 20’s…it just ain’t happening. I can’t imagine Yankee baseball outside the Tri-state area, but so many of you are diehards and you literally live all over the world… the fan base is amazing.

So yeah, while my grouchiness is evident, I just wrote this piece and I feel pretty good right now. Maybe I just needed to get it down on paper, talk out my feelings about the New York Yankees and how, in the end, everything is going to be alright in 2012. The Yankees will compete hard again this year, after all, it’s #28 we’re after. I know we can do it this year…you know why? Because we’re the God damn New York Yankees…that’s why.

Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and look for the hashtag #BYB. Also, join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017