Friday, July 29, 2011

WHY I HATE LOSING TO SHOWALTER

AJ Burnett did a great job tonight and for some strange reason, Twitter is blowing up suggesting that AJ sucks and the offense gets a pass. Why? For 8 innings the Yankees could not score. In fact, it was only a solo home run by Mark Teixeira that even put them on the board. If I'm AJ, I'm disappointed at my team who can't score off the last place Orioles. I mean, AJ kept us in the game. 8 innings, 10 strikeouts and very few mistakes. Oh well.(Photo: Daily News)
Yeah Tex had a shot tonight and it was beautiful, his 29th homer of the year. Granderson has 28. Yes, the Yankee home run race as slowed down, but I still love to dream.

The ninth inning was exciting, right off the bat, literally, Robinson Cano smacked a shot down third that was knocked down, but he was able to get a double. Next batter, Nick Swisher cranked a double to score Cano and suddenly it was 4-2. Suddenly Jorge Posada walks. Hmm. With Russell Martin coming up, I was smelling pie. After a ground out and a man on first and third, Gardner came up. My heart was beating out of my chest; "What the hell are the Yankees doing to me?"

Well, the final pitch of the game was sweet. It was laid right in the strike zone and I know that because when Gardner struck out, he literally beat the shit out of his bat as he smashed it constantly into the ground until it cracked apart. That's passion, I like it.Final Score: Orioles 4 - Yankees 2. Yankees lost tonight. Damn shame, because I hate losing anything to Buck Showalter. Tomorrow's a double header, we need to take them both.

Please comment and let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017