Tuesday, April 26, 2011

WHY LILLIBRIDGE BEAT THE YANKEES

If you told me the Yankees were going to lose tonight, I'd tell you just wait until the ninth. In the ninth, the table was set and everything looked to be going in the direction of pie... except one White Sock in his first appearance in right field changed all that... 2 times. More on that in a moment.(photo: AP)
The Yankees were ahead at one point and you really need to appreciate what Gavin Floyd did for the White Sox because he pitched well, so the runs were to a mimumum. No doubt the Yanks were trying to score and when we had the lead, I really didn't expect to lose this one. But, one thing's for sure, the Three Headed Monster, if not in sync, really can't get it together lately. Am I concerned? Not yet, but get back to me.

Rafael Soriano is a pitcher with a chip on his shoulder. His body language is unusually annoying to me. I just want him to do his job like he did on the Rays. Do I like him...personally, I'd probably hate him, but he IS a gamer and he threw 2 bad pitches tonight. One hit a batter and 2, he gave up that homer to Konerko to put the Sox ahead. That I don't like.

So, is Soriano adjusting? Is he sensing dislike from the fans? Does he not want to be here? Nothing is clear to me yet, but I do sense that Soriano is either hampered by something or tired or annoyed. That's all I got, I can't figure it out.

I like the Yankee highlights, again, homers galore and while that's ok, I'd like to see Gardner hit and run the bases more rather than solo homering. Odd to see, but I'll take the run. The problem with Gardner lately is he can't get on base. That's a problem.

(photo: AP)
Ivan Nova looked good tonight. There were plenty of jams and he worked through them and I like that he was able to do that. Nova got to the 7th inning and that was great because he was able to get to the bullpen later in the game rather than the normal 6 innings most of the starters are giving us. Resting those bullpen guys helps sometimes.

The ninth inning was definitely pie time, I was convinced. Men on first and second, 1 out and A-Rod was up. Game over right? Ok... who the hell is Brent Lillibridge and why did he make that amazing catch to the wall that would have easily scored 2 runs if it hit the wall instead of Lillibridge's glove. And when Cano came up after that catch and looped into right, I was convinced AGAIN that we'd be having pie tonight. Ok... seriously Lillibridge, beautiful catch to end the game. You really impressed me, but it doesn't mean I'm happy. I'm not, my guys lost.

Final Score tonight, White Sox 3 - Yankees 2.

Blah Blah Blah, I hate when we lose.

Please comment and let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017