Wednesday, December 8, 2010

WHY IT'S COMING TO A HEAD

Craig Calcaterra from Hardball Talk is the man. If you haven't read him yet, do it, you'll immediately put him in your favorites. His pieces are short and sweet and he speaks his mind. A lot of the others don't do it as well, although you know I love Bronx Baseball Daily and Sliding Into Home a lot as well.

Anyway, his piece today (READ IT HERE) is about Jon Heyman and his rumor that came out last night about 2 teams offering 7 years to Cliff Lee. I was about to neglect my family and write a lengthy piece about the 2 team rumor last night and then I thought "Come on bro, you've got nothing. Now you're just making stuff up." Did you think the same thing? Look, We all know what's really going on here. Lee's agent just told Heyman yesterday that there's a 7 year offer on the table from a "Mystery" team. Personally, yesterday I first thought "Maybe", then I wrote in WHY THE YANKS HAVE A 7 YEAR ITCH, Brauckner made it up try and sway the Yanks.


By 5pm yesterday, Heyman realized that the 7 year offer from a "Mystery" team story ran it's course, so he figured "oh hell, why not add a team, no one will know." He ran with it, so did everyone else apparently. The Rumor Mill is getting silly. I don't remember it ever being as silly as this season. I'm starting to question credability here. Do these guys really know anything MORE being at the Winter meetings than I do sitting in my basement wearing my worn out Reggie t-shirt? Some stuff maybe, but I can come up with good rumors too. For instance, the Swisher rumor, which was clearly a rumor, I've been hearing about since October. I kept hearing the Swisher was on the trading block, it was who we were getting for him that kept changing.

I even wrote about it. Is it true? Maybe, but NO ONE picked it up. What's the reality? We're starved for gossip. That's all we have...gossip.


Hopefully Lee gets a very very nice offer from the New York Yankees. It's reported they have offered a 6 year deal and between $140 and $150 million. I'd say that's pretty nice. Hopefully it's everything Lee wants, including pitching with his best friend Carlston Charles and living in his compound in Alpine, NJ with money pouring out of his ears for the next 7 years. I don't care about any of that. Me? I'm starved for championships. That's what I care about. Lee's a competitor any way you slice it. He makes any team better. The Yanks can be that team again. I. Not going to lie, I love seeing the champagne parties and my Yankees happy. So Cash... Let's get'er done.


Please comment and let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017