Wednesday, November 17, 2010

AN OPEN LETTER TO GOD

Dear God,

Tomorrow, the winner of the Cy Young award for the American League will and should be 21 game winner CC Sabathia. Right? I mean he was a machine this year,
21-7, 3.18 ERA, 197 strikeouts? Come on.

Yes, God, I know, the Yankees burned out in the playoffs, but he had really good numbers. Whatever you do, think of it this way, You can't win 13 games, be on the rotation of a losing team, like King Felix
(13-12, 2.27 ERA, 232 K), and win a Cy Young. If that happens, I will then know for sure that your evil Red Sox fan half-brother, "the Devil" is pushing the buttons.

Look, I understand David Price
(19-6, 2.72 ERA, 188 K) being in the mix. I hate to say this, but I see how someone like Jon Lester (19-9 3.25 ERA, 229 K) of Clay Buchholz (17-7, 2.33 ERA 120 K) would have a shot, but there is NO WAY any legit sports radio show or blog says anything positive tomorrow if a 13 game winner wins the Cy Young. NO WAY! Yankees Sports Radio will blow up! Heck, Michael Kay will declare Armageddon. I know he will. He gets cranky. I can picture him choking Don La Greca LIVE on the air. And that can't happen. I love Don La Greca.

I guess ESPN would love the story of a 13 game winner winning the Cy Young, but screw them God, they cater to anyone who's not a Yankee. Sorry, I didn't mean to say "screw". Forget them, God, I meant forget them.


God, who I love so much, all I'm asking for is a little closure. The Yanks played hard this year, but struggled and to top off the year with a Cy Young award for my bud CC Sabathia would be very fitting. He was the workhorse of the team, a leader,and he deserves it. The team can live through that award this winter and life will be good.

If you do this for me, I will go to church more often and help old ladies across the street. And I'll go to confession, yeah sorry, it's been awhile.

Your son,

The Mighty Casey

Please comment and let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017