Wednesday, September 29, 2010

WHY THE YANKS WILL WIN THE DIVISION

We all saw it coming. Javy was pitching and some of the regulars were supposed to rest. It's like playing the Triple-A team against the Jays tonight. What can you do. Javy has a reputation in New York. He had it the first time he was here in 2004. He has it again, mostly now because you can't trust he'll be successful on the mound. He can't start a game. I actually think he can be more effective in relief. But the problem is he's being jerked around. He has to be in that mind set to be relief OR to start but one of the other. If you keep putting him out there to start one week and then change him to be relief another, my opinion is that messes with Javy's head. Vasquez is in a bad place. He's the Joba of last year. The Yankees screwed up Joba last year, who could have possibly had been the next closer for the New York Yankees for years after Mo. They messed him up so bad there was a brief moment he was even on the trading block this July. Good thing he's managed to turn it around, gain some confidence and become effective in the bullpen.

So, the Yanks lost tonight, that stinks only because the last place Orioles beat the first place Rays tonight. While we could have gained ground on the Rays, it actually that brings me to an interesting thought.


The Rays are human. The Rays lose too. They are not machines and the Yankees can take the division this week. Look, it won't be easy because the Yanks have Boston next and the Rays will be playing Kansas City. But stranger things have happened. The next 3 games will be key. If the Yankees win the Boston series, I think we win the division. I just have a gut that's telling me the Rays are going to fall off a bit.


So what was good tonight? A-Rod's homer first off started it for the Yankees. Golson and Cervelli helped out with RBIs. Not enough I guess. Again, when your down 7 runs due to suck ass pitching, you can't expect a team to climb out of it for you. It just ain't fair.


The Bosox are tomorrow. Yes, these games count fans, don't get it twisted. The Yankees may have celebrated getting into the playoffs last night but they still have work to do, and they know it. Some of my friends are telling me they are pissed that the Yankees celebrated "winning the Wild Card" last night. Last time I checked, they still have a shot at winning the Division. I will live and die with the New York Yankees and talking doubt about them only brings me down.

Do the unthinkable Yanks, win the Division. Let's celebrate again. I like champagne, after all.

Please comment and let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017