Thursday, September 23, 2010

WHY BASEBALL ISN'T PREDICTABLE


Well ain't that something. Not exactly what Yankee fans were looking for tonight. CC and the Yankees looked like they were on their way to a nice victory over the Rays, then the wheels fell off. What the hell happened? Where was CC's fastball tonight? He looked like he couldn't throw it. No confidence. I've never seen him like that before. I also can't recall him ever walking in a run... ever.


Look, I'm a huge Sabathia fan, and every player has a bad day once in a while, but it was such a shock and almost unreal the way everything fell apart in the 6th inning. And even when things were falling apart for CC and he was up to 111 pitches I was STILL yelling at Girardi NOT to bring in relief. Even though CC walked the lead run in and the bases were still loaded, I really wanted him to get out of it on his own. While I'm loving our bullpen lately, there was something symbolic to me about CC just finishing off the inning. Almost like a way to get him some courage and pride back. That obviously never happened and Joba helped the Rays out alittle more. Damn it.


Chalk it up as a bad night for CC and a worse night for the Yankee bullpen. 10-3 is a significant loss. I see that and I see a bullpen that was off because their leader was off. I've said it once and I'll say it again, CC is the leader of the pitchers... He's off, everyone's off. He shows no confidence, all the others lose confidence. It's that simple.


Props to Greg Golson tonight, 2 for 4, double and single and a run scored. He was hitting the ball hard all night. Gotta love when rookies get their hits.


So what's next. 9 games. Bosox for three in New York, 3 in Toronto against the Blue Jays, then we close out 3 in Boston. There is no room for error now. It's the hardest schedule that I can ever remember the Yanks ending with. Plus, the Rays are walking out of New York all cocky now. The Rays will be playing the Orioles, Mariners and Royals next. WTF. Damn I'd love to play a few last place teams to end the season.


The goal is to win the next series against Boston. Clinch the playoff spot, celebrate alittle and then win 2 of 3 in Toronto. Then, by Sunday next week hopefully we will have clinched the Division and all is well in Yankeeland. That is of course, until the playoffs begin.

Please comment and let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017